Calcium Carbonate can be divided into: heavy calcium Carbonate, light calcium Carbonate, active calcium Carbonate, flue gas desulfurization calcium Carbonate, superfine calcium carbonate, etc.
Heavy Calcium Carbonate
The shape of heavy calcium carbonate is irregular, its particle size varies greatly, and the particles have certain edges and corners, the surface is rough, the particle size distribution is wider, and the particle size is larger. The average particle size is generally 1-10μm. According to its original average particle size (d), heavy calcium carbonate is divided into: coarsely ground calcium carbonate (> 3μm), finely ground calcium carbonate (1~3μm), ultrafine calcium carbonate (0.5~1μm heavy calcium carbonate) Powder characteristics: a. Irregular particle shape; b. Wide particle size distribution; c. Large particle size.
Calcium Carbonate has been widely used in papermaking, plastics, plastic films, chemical fibers, rubber, adhesives, sealants, household chemicals, cosmetics, building materials, coatings, paints, inks, putty, sealing wax, putty, felt packaging, medicine, food (Such as chewing gum, chocolate), feed, its functions are: increase product volume, reduce cost, improve processing performance (such as adjusting viscosity, rheological properties, vulcanization performance), improve dimensional stability, strengthen or semi-reinforce, improve Printing performance, improve physical properties (such as heat resistance, matting resistance, abrasion resistance, flame retardancy, whiteness, gloss), etc.
Light Calcium Carbonate
Widely used in papermaking, plastics, plastic films, chemical fibers, rubber, adhesives, sealants, household chemicals, cosmetics, building materials, coatings, paints, inks, putty, sealing wax, putty, felt packaging, medicine, food (such as chewing gum) , Chocolate), feed, its functions are: increase product volume, reduce cost, improve processing performance (such as adjusting viscosity, rheological properties, vulcanization performance), improve dimensional stability, strengthen or semi-reinforce, and improve printing performance. Improve physical properties (such as heat resistance, matting, abrasion resistance, flame retardancy, whiteness, gloss), etc.
Active Calcium Carbonate
Calcium supplements. It can promote the calcification of bone marrow and teeth, maintain the normal excitability of nerves and muscles, and reduce capillary permeability. It is used to prevent and treat chronic diseases caused by calcium deficiency.
Kaolin has a wide range of uses, mainly for papermaking, ceramics and refractory materials, and secondly for coatings, rubber fillers, enamel glazes and white cement raw materials.
Kaolin is a non-metallic mineral, a kind of clay and clay rock dominated by kaolinite clay minerals. It is named after Gaoling Village, Jingde Town, Jiangxi Province. The pure kaolin is white, fine, soft and soft, with good plasticity and fire resistance. Its mineral composition is mainly composed of kaolinite, halloysite, hydromica, illite, montmorillonite, quartz, feldspar and other minerals.
1. The application of kaolin in the ceramic industry: Kaolin for the ceramic industry is a series of products produced with high-quality raw materials and advanced technology and equipment. The product has high purity, stable chemical properties, and has excellent unique physical performance advantages of similar domestic varieties. The ceramic products produced are white, dense, high mechanical strength, and high-quality products.
2. The application of kaolin in the rubber industry: Kaolin used in the rubber industry is made of high-quality raw materials and refined by elutriation. The product has fine particle size, low moisture, stable PH and DPG adsorption, and its sedimentation volume is higher than the index specified by the Ministry of Chemical Industry.
3. The application of kaolin in wire and cable processing: Kaolin functional additives are also widely used in wire and cable processing, especially for EPDM cables.
4. Application of kaolin in agricultural production: calcined kaolin has a blocking effect on infrared rays with wavelengths of 7-25μm. When modified calcined kaolin is added, the night temperature in the agricultural film can be increased by 2-3°C. Reduce the temperature difference between day and night, which is conducive to the growth of crops.
5. The application of kaolin in the coating industry: calcined kaolin is a specially processed aluminum silicate extender pigment and multifunctional additive. It has high whiteness, low impurity content, strong chemical inertness, easy to disperse in water-based and oily systems, and can be applied Water-based paint, paint, putty and sealant, etc.
6. The application of kaolin in the ink industry: kaolin for the ink industry is produced with high-quality raw materials and advanced technology and equipment. The product has high purity and stable physical and chemical properties. It can replace a part of titanium dioxide, reduce ink production costs, and improve ink coverage. Strength, tinting strength, improve the ink’s adsorption, rheology, light specific gravity, anti-precipitation, thereby improving the quality of the ink.
7. The application of kaolin in the glue industry: kaolin is used in the glue industry, which is refined with high-quality raw materials and advanced technology and equipment. The product has stable physical and chemical properties, high viscosity, good whiteness, excellent suspension and fluidity, and no mildew. It is an ideal low-cost glue filler. Domestic manufacturers have used kaolin powder to replace the expensive mildew starch.
8. The application of kaolin in the plastics industry: the plastics industry uses kaolin engineering plastics, special plastics, and special modified kaolin for cable accessories. It is obtained by selecting high-grade and superior raw materials, using advanced technology and equipment, and modified by calcination and coupling agent.
9. The application of kaolin in petrochemical industry: it is used as a catalyst in petroleum processing. Due to the catalyst prepared by kaolin, it has a higher matrix activity, stronger resistance to heavy metal pollution, better catalytic activity and selectivity.
10. Kaolin is widely used in the paper industry. There are two main areas, one is the filler used in the papermaking process, and the other is the pigment used in the surface coating process.
11. The application of kaolin in emerging industries. Kaolin has high whiteness and brightness, soft, strong water absorption and easy to decompose and suspend in water, good plasticity and high adhesion, excellent electrical insulation, good acid solubility, strong ion adsorption and ion exchange Performance, good sinterability and high refractoriness.
Post time: Aug-22-2020